Tuesday 17 June 2014

MIM #168

Hey there,
Long time, no stamp! I'm drowning in yard work and renovation planning, but I had a birthday dinner to attend this evening, so I needed a quick idea for a birthday card last night. I had watched Melissa's Make it Monday video yesterday at Papertrey Ink, so her chalk and stamping on textured cardstock technique was the first thing to pop into my head. I decided to give it a try with the linen and canvass impression plate, and a variety of solid stamps. I set out to do purples because that is the birthday gal's favourite color, and greens for the leaves, but decided as I was chalking the background to add a dash of turquoise. I was glad I had when I was trying to figure out what to do for the greeting. I think the turquoise really makes the "Happy" pop, which is a necessity with all that's going on in the background!
Here's a closer look at the texture, and the label I cut from vellum to attach the greeting. I embossed "birthday" in silver to tie in with the silver in the ribbon. I think I could have done the chalking a bit darker. It's hardly noticeable with all the stamped images on top. Maybe next time?! I did impress a few more backgrounds in case my first attempt failed miserably, so maybe I will give this technique another run?

Thanks for stopping by,
T

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! The turquoise sentiment really does pop! So glad you found time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby must be a duke!! : ) or else he sees royalty in you! your card is lovely!!!! I love the Happy die cut accent.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete