Wednesday 8 October 2014

FFC #41

Hi there,
I kind of fell off the wagon this year on prepping for Christmas throughout the year. So now it's getting down to crunch time! When I saw the photo this week at the Festive Friday challenge, it reminded me that I've had this wood veneer paper for 6 months or more, but have never gotten around to trying it out. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for a somewhat rustic card, so I tried embossing the wreath directly onto the wood. It seemed to work pretty well, but a darker color would likely stand out a bit more, though the Leaf Zing powder is a bit brighter than it looks in this picture.









It's too bad I don't have any skate or sled stamps on hand. Those elements really appealed to me because this scene kind of reminds me of our house at Christmas because I usually have a swag or wreath, with a pair of skates tied to it, hanging from the door, and an old sled leaning against the wall! This is one version from a few years ago, but I didn't get the sled in this pic. Wish I had taken a picture the last couple of years because now I can't really remmeber what I did! I seem to recall some plaid ribbon and pinecones. Oh, well. I like to change it up. This year will be different again.
 Thanks for stopping by,
T

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Tanis!!! I love your pretty wreath framed in by the soft red print! Thanks so much for joining us at FF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green stamped right onto the wood-grain - such a classic, rustic Christmas feel! And I love that you hang skates on your door - what a great nod to the season! So glad you joined us at FF!

    ReplyDelete