Saturday 14 March 2015

MIM #204 - "smooshing"

Hi there,

This week, the Make it Monday challenge at PTI is some thing Laura Bassen has referred to as smooshing. Basically, it's just inking up an acetate sheet, spritzing with a bit of water, then smooshing your card front right into the puddle, and peeling it back to see what is revealed. It's a bit of a craps shoot, really. You never know what your going to get!

I smooshed 4 different color combos last night, and just set them aside to dry, and had a look this morning. This one was my fave. I think it's just raspberry fizz and summer sunrise, though I used 3 colors on the others. This may have been the first one I did, and I wasn't that enthused with it, but they seem to get better as they dry. All 4 turned out pretty well, so I'm sure I'll turn the rest into cards as soon as I figure out what I want to do with them.
Hopefully this shot allows you to see the Wink of Stella added to the butterfly and sentiment die cuts? I'm more than a little addicted to that pen. The shimmer it adds is so pretty, and it's such a quick and easy way too add little something to a card. I couldn't bring myself to cover up any of this background, so I cut the butterfly from the card front, mounted it on raspberry fizz cardstock, then added the butterfly back in after jazzing it up a bit. I colored the rhinestones yellow to tie them into the color scheme.
 
Fun! I'll definitely use this technique again. I think it's a great way to inspire a project when your not sure where to start. Just smoosh a background and see where it leads you.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
T

4 comments: