Tuesday 9 February 2016

Day 2: Dress Up Inspiration

Hi there,
I made a card for Day 2 of PTI's anniversary countdown. The challenge is to create a project inspired by an item of clothing. I just happened to pick up this top on Saturday, and thought it was perfect for this task.
I started out by using the blue, yellow and brown tones to smoosh a watercolor background on a stitched rectangle, then embossed trees over top once it was dry. I was pretty happy with the simplicity of it, so decided not to add much more. Just a bit of matting for contrast, and a sentiment embossed in white on vellum.
I hate to make the same card twice, so I love a watercolor background. Even if I tried, I would never be able to replicate this one.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

1 comment:

  1. Your card is stunning Tanis! A beautiful top and a great take on it for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete