Wednesday 28 August 2013

FFC15

Welcome to another Festive Friday, this time a theme challenge to create a project related to children. I'm having a little trouble thinking Christmas these days since the hot weather returned, but am making a valiant effort to stay on track and be ready before Christmas.  The first thing that came to mind for a children's theme was this snow globe set I bought at Michael's several years ago. It's one of my favourite Christmas sets, but I haven't used it for at least a couple of years, so it was fun to dust it off!
 
I stamped everything with sepia Versafine ink, and colored the image with SU watercolor wonder crayons and a blender pen, then cut all the pieces, including the white card base, with my PTI mat stack 3 dies. A button and linen thread finish it off.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
T

5 comments:

  1. How adorable, Tanis! And the shape...perfect!! Sweet, sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the shape follows the shape of the snowglobe - I have this (very old!) set, too! I'll have to pull it out. I also love how the colouring pops on the kraft - I still have my watercolour crayons too (wow, this whole card is a blast from the past, and a good reminder to use my old stuff!) Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A blast from the past is exactly right! Doubt I'll use this set again this year, but at least my favourite little mouse got to make an appearance this year. Maybe I should try using the snow globe for something non-Christmas though?

      Delete
  3. My kids would LOVE this - the mouse is adorable!! This is such a fun little card, every little detail. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, good to see you again Tanis! Sorry I am so late visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, summer is like that! Back to the routine next week.

      Delete