Thursday 8 August 2013

MIM#128

Welcome to the Make it Monday challenge at PTI!

I was out with some girlfriends for a birthday dinner Monday evening, and it went looooong! What can I say. When you only see people 4 times a year, it gets chatty when you do get together. Anyway, even though it was after 11:00pm, I had to make a card for my cousin's son Leif's birthday the following evening. No store bought cards for my family! A 7 year old may not really be able to appreciate it, but I know his Mom is the type who will save it for the day he's old enough to "get it". Too bad he's too young to appreciate his champagne birthday, 7 on the 7th. Luckily mine was 20 on the 20th!

I'm generally up 'til midnight anyway, so this wasn't really a hardship. I had already planned to use this new balloon set from my latest PTI order, and had also ordered the polka dot basics set on the same order, so was thrilled when I watched the Make It Monday video and realized the fun, random background Ashley created would compliment a bunch of party balloons perfectly. When you're on a deadline, it's good to have a plan before you start! It was just a matter of choosing the right color combo for a boy card. The only time consuming part was tying the twine onto the balloons. I guess I could have just taped them to the back, but it's the little details that bring it to life, so it was worth it in the end.

This actually came together pretty quickly, and I'm loving it, so I'll likely be revisiting this idea next time I need a quick birthday card. It's easy to personalize this card with the right color scheme and number, or maybe a "Happy Birthday" banner for an adult rather than the number?

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: white cardstock, simply chartreuse ink, birthday style set and die, polka dot basics set
SU: poppy parade, peach parfait, and bashful blue inks, bashful blue scrap
Other: green baker's twine, Scotch foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment