Wednesday 11 September 2013

FFC16

It's Festive Friday deadline time. I did make this card last night, but had to wait 'til after work today to get some pics in daylight conditions. Was so thoughtful of my kitty to help me out by climbing in the back of this photo! Can you see her butt on the left side?
Here's my furry baby, Jezebelle. You'd think she was part dog the way she follows me around!
This is a trigger challenge to make a holiday project based on the word "peace", so I decided to use a negative die cut of the word peace from PTI's wonderful words as my focal point and keep the rest of the card fairly simple and serene. The background is a monochromatic snowflake pattern from an older SU DSP pack that was called wintergreen, or something along those lines.
I added "joy & love" from the wonderful words additions set, and some snowflakes from an old wood mounted stamp in silver embossing. It still needed a little sparkle, so I embossed 3 lines, and adhered 2 strips of scor tape and added some dazzling diamonds glitter. Lastly, I popped up the white panel and the little bits with foam tape for some added dimension.


Thanks for stopping by,
T

3 comments:

  1. I *love* the background paper, and peeking it through the die cut is perfect! This is beautiful, Tanis - thanks for playing again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked some lovely paper to show through that die cut, Tanis...and the striping adds THE prettiest touch!!! Beautiful card, as always, although this one may be a favorite from you;) Great to have you with us again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these gorgeous soft colours! This definitely feels peaceful (and beautiful!) Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete