Saturday 28 September 2013

Muse #36


Welcome to a Muse challenge post. This is one of my favourite challenges, and I've been absent for awhile, focussing on outdoor pursuits, but am excited to dive back in on this rainy, fall day.
 
If you've seen the card showcased over at Muse for inspiration, you may be wondering how on earth I got to here from there?
Good question! I started out with some lovely weed-type stamps, and did some silhouettes, adding white embossing and sponging on top like Karen M did above, but wasn't overly impressed with my results. I decided to change things up and try some leaves instead, a move that was inspired by this empty Kleenex box:
Once I had the silhouette background stamped, I couldn't bring myself to add embossing or sponging to it because it looked somehow "finished", so this is what I ended up with.
Although it does look entirely different than the original inspiration (and more like a Kleenex box!), it does have a similar layout, a silhouette background, and a butterfly element as a finishing touch. And I'm a little infatuated with it at the moment, so I'm opting to post it rather than starting all over again! Hope you like it , too.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: turning a new leaf set, wonderful words dies, fine linen cardstock and ink
SU: bitty butterfly punch, silver, white and smoky slate cardstock, smoky slate ink
Other: scrap of white cardstock, Recollections pearls

6 comments:

  1. The layout of your card was very obviously inspired by the Muse card and I think it's gorgeous! I love that you changed the colours because those neutrals are yummy and very seasonal :) also, what a cool tissue box!! It's amazing the things you can draw inspiration from isn't it?!! :) thank you so much for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog, I really appreciate it - plus it means I got to see your blog too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - I love your pretty design and colours and your sentiment looks amazing - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have to go with what the card tells you - if it's done, it's done! It's amazing to me how communicative they can be! I love how you've captured your inspiration and used those two very different die cuts but still created a unified sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these neutral colours, Tanis ... yep, see Karen's muse in your card ... you've made it your own! The die cut sentiment is fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and the big sentiment! Can totally see the Muse card in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm infatuated with it, too, Tanis! No, wait, more than that, I LOVE it! I think those shades of gray and yellow go so well together and it was fun reading about the birthing of the card. I spell that out often, too, because they really do seem to just evolve with a mind of their own sometimes! Lovely take on Karen's card! Thanks for popping by to visit me! Darnell

    ReplyDelete