Sunday 13 October 2013

Muse #38

Hi, Happy Turkey Day! Yes, it's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, and I am full of turkey and pie. Luckily, I was able to squeeze in a bit of time to play along with the Muse challenge this week. I was really drawn to the bouquet of flowers Therese created with patterned paper, so decided to focus on that feature on my card. They are soooo pretty. Take a look.

I dug through my paper stash to find some coordinating papers in small patterns, and came up with this retired DSP pack from SU called Sunny Garden that I thought would work well.
Actually, I ended up going to town with the patterned paper and making every element out of it, aside from some the white panel, and a bit of green cardstock to hand cut some leaves.

Somehow, I ended up with a very symmetrical card, which is not my usual style, but variety is the spice of life, right?

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: white and pear cardstock, sunny garden DSP, morning meadow sentiment, calypso coral ink, celery grosgrain, flower punch
PTI: mega gracious vases die, wrought iron impression plate
Other: Recollections adhesive pearls

5 comments:

  1. So so sweet! Love those funky flowers and the embossed panel is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the symmetry, it works really well with the tall vase. I love the colour palette too, a lovely cluster of sunshine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on this weeks challenge! Like the choice of your colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Just so pretty;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the warm, citrusy colours! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete