Sunday 26 January 2014

Fusion #2

Hi there,
Hard to believe January is drawing to a close as I finally get around to stamping for the first time this year! After all of the chaos of the Christmas season, I wasn't feeling the least bit inspired to stamp. It's a wicked day here in Manitoba, with blizzard conditions, so it's a good day to stay inside and do a little crafting.  I decided to start with a really simple card for the current Fusion challenge. I decided to work with just the photo, using the rustic wood background, and the yellow and gray palette.
I started by stamping a woodgrain background on PTI soft stone cardstock with smoky slate ink from SU, then pulled out meadow greens, one of my fave sets from PTI. I die cut pieces from vellum, and stamped the foliage with a combination of smoky slate, and PTIs smokey shadow inks, and embossed the flowers with mustard Zing powder. A simple sentiment in smokey shadow finishes it off.

Time to chase my husband out of his cave and get working on setting up our new Pax wardrobes in our walk-in closet.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely, I love your flower!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tanis...I DO love this! This is the second time I've seen that set used today...the other was embossed also...and boy...it IS a gorgeous set! I love what you've done with it here...such a pretty look with the embossed vellum against the woodgrain! So glad you could join us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The use of velum is so clever ... the blooms just pop and the soft leaves are perfection ... so glad you joined our Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of embossing powder on the flower! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Tanis! I love how you've used the vellum on this card, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vellumn and the mustard powder! thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wonderful effect you created with this pretty card, Tanis! Congratulations on the Fusion HM honor!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete