Monday 10 February 2014

PTI Anniversary Recipe Cards

Another day, another Papertrey Ink project! This challenge dates back to Day 1 of PTI's February release. Finally getting around to playing with these downloads. Nichole posted some "inspiration recipe cards" with a number of fantastic color combos, and sketches to go along with them.
 
I was feeling inspired to make a plaid background, so I opted to use this color recipe which seemed like it would work well:
Color-2
I decided to choose this sketch because I thought it would be fun to mix the circular element with diamond shapes in the plaid:
Sketch-2
I also thought it would be fun to "flip" the sketch by making the circular element a "negative space" by die cutting out a piece of the plaid panel, allowing the aqua mist card base to peek through.

I used a variety of ink pads and markers to make the plaid, trying to get as close as I could to the colors from the recipe card. I do have the Super Stripes set which works great for making plaids, but I opted for a softer look this time by using painters' tape and sponging.

I stamped "happy" from Wonderful Words: Birthday, and "birthday" from Everyday Happiness in the pink on a scrap strip of white.
I used my SU pansy punch to cut a base from white cardstock, and 2 more layers from vellum scraps, scoring the vellum pieces and folding them a bit to add some dimension. A small scalloped circle and hand cut leaves from green finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment