Saturday 14 February 2015

PTI Day 8 - Blue Ombre/ OLS13 - You Blend

Hi there,

The 8th anniversary festivities continue at Papertrey Ink, and the Day 8 challenge was Blue Ombre, so I decided to pull out a favourite set (Meadow Greens) and do some sponging with blues. The theme this month at the One Layer Simplicity challenge is blending, so I thought, why not change things up today and do a one layer card? They are a bit of a challenge for me because it's not my usual style, and this was extra challenging because I don't usually make anything this monochromatic. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but even the rhinestone is blue! Blue, blue, and more blue, aside from the white card base and clear embossed image. I wanted to sponge in some green or purple, but then it wouldn't really be blue ombre, would it? It's seems a little plain to me, and I was tempted to add some more bling, but I was undecided where to put it, so opted to leave well enough alone! Sometimes less is more.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! Sometimes less is more. Love the clean simplicity of this and the gorgeous blue shading! Thanks for sharing it with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete