Tuesday 7 May 2013

OLW 138

I love doing one layer cards once in a while. I think it's good exercise for your designing brain to plan everything out before you begin. Most of the time, it works out pretty well, and when it doesn't, it just becomes a non-one-layer card! A die cut butterfly or flower can hide almost any screw up.

The theme for this One Layer Wednesday challenge is anything spring, so I went with some field flowers and spring moss and baja breeze sponging in a favourite one layer layout.

I normally think of yellow when I think of spring flowers, as in tulips and daffodils, but I'm not seeing any flowers around here yet. Just grass that's greening, and blue sky, along with some snow. I may need to buy some pots full of flowers this weekend to speed things up a bit and jazz up the deck for Mothers' Day since I am hosting. At least I'm being sung to sleep these days by a symphony of frogs. Flowers must be soon to follow, right?

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: spring moss ink, stampers select white cardstock, signature greetings II
SU: field flowers, kraft and baja breeze ink
Other: script background, Versamark ink, clear embossing powder, painter's tape

1 comment:

  1. Your OLC is breathtaking, Tanis! You've done a wonderful job!! Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Sorry the flowers from Mother Nature haven't made an appearance yet, but I know you'll make it lovely. (And I'm jealous about your frog serenade! I love that, but we don't get it very often here.)

    ReplyDelete