Sunday 20 October 2013

CBC#5

I am beyond excited that I just received my first ever order from Clearly Besotted on Friday, so was able to play with some new stamps this weekend, and join in on the current challenge.  Much more enjoyable than the time I spent outside with frozen fingers trying to finish relaying paving stones before the snow flies! My hubby is still at it, but I have packed it in for today, just in time to get some day light photos.

My card didn't turn out at all the way I planned, but I'm happy with the results anyway. At first, I was drawn to the yellow and orange tones in this inspiration photo, but somehow ended up with more grey and white than anything else.

I discarded a few bits and pieces, but I did really like the way these poppies looked in coral, so kept those and built the rest of my card around them.
I'm working on another card with some of the rejected elements. I hate to waste anything! I'm not 100% finished with this one, but here's a sneak peek.
I have more leftover pieces that may or may not end up in some more cards!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
T
 
Supplies
Stamps:  remember (CB), everyday sayings (HA)
Ink: cameo coral & mellow moss (SU), smokey shadow (PTI)
Cardstock: white & smoky slate (SU), smokey shadow (PTI), scrap of vellum
Other: Nestibilities circle die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, bargain bin ribbon
 

1 comment:

  1. Both fabulous cards :) Thank you so much for entering the Clearly Besotted Challenge!

    ReplyDelete