Sunday 24 February 2013

Spread the Love

SpreadtheLoveGraphic

I saw an interesting post today on Damask Love. Clear & Simple Stamps is encouraging the papercrafters of blogland to send a "virtual high-five" to a blogger they find inspiring. My first thought was, "Wow, what a fantastic idea!" My second thought was, "How can I possibly pick one favourite?" I follow a number of papercrafting blogs, and I have a pretty good idea who my current Top 5 would be (including Amber of Damask Love), but who is the most inspirational? Good question. I certainly didn't know the answer, so I consulted my "inspiration file". (Sometimes, when I am surfing and I see a great idea or technique that I might want to try out at a later date, I save a pic of the card so that when I'm short on inspiration I can consult my file, and hopefully kick-start my mojo). I looked through and noticed that recently, one particular designer keeps rocking my world with her out-of-the box thinking, and inspired design. But before I get to that, I'll tell you the other 3 are  that round out my Top 5. It's still hard to narrow down, (my favourites are really more like a Top 20!), but I will say: Simply Stamped by Maile Belles, Simplicity by Susan Raihala, and Bits & Pieces by Heather Telford. Kudos to you all for all your hard work! The results are stellar.

Are you still reading? Here we go. *Drumroll, please!* Doublestick Heaven by Laura Bassen is my current #1 crush. She really has a way of bringing a fresh eye to every project, and inspiring me to try something I may never have thought up on my own. In a recent post, she stamped over top of patterned paper, after masking an area for the greeting to go. Not her most earth shattering idea, but brilliantly executed, and a great reminder to me that I never think to stamp on patterned paper. So I decided to give it a go today using the following color scheme:
Lovely-&Refreshing

Unfortunately, I don't have any products from Clear & Simple Stamps to use on this project. I haven't investigated yet to see whether they ship to Canada, and if so, what the shipping charges will be, so I had to use what was available. Luckily, I was able to get pretty good matches for this color scheme. I followed the same layout as Laura, but thought my version looked a little "unfinished" as a one layer, so decided to mat it and add a button and bow to top it off.



Actually, I might pull this button off after looking at this photo!  We'll see. It looks better in person. Anyway, I don't like mine as much as Laura's, but hopefully I remember to use this technique again in the future. Thank you Laura (and the rest of my Top 20) for inspiring me on a regular basis.

Supplies:
PTI: Beautiful Butterflies and Think Big Favorites #5 stamps, Lavender Moon ink
SU: Rich Razzleberry ink and button, Pacific Point ink and cardstock, Pink Pirouette ink, Beyond the Garden DSP
other: white cardstock, white 1/8" satin ribbon

Thanks for stopping by,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment