Thursday 28 February 2013

ric#30 - Erdem

uce
Update: April 1st/ 2013_________________________________

Suzanne Dahlberg of The Card Yard had a brilliant idea to host an April Fools Day blog hop so everyone can post their ugliest card and have a laugh about it. I've probably made uglier cards, but thankfully there's no photographic evidence since I've only been blogging for about 5 minutes! Anyway, this was an important day for me, because I immediately regretted posting this card, and vowed that I would never again post a card I hated just because I had invested time in it. I also vowed not to do challenges if they failed to inspire me, so it wasn't a total loss. Enjoy! (if it doesn't hurt your eyes to look at it).
____________________________________________________

I'm not sure what inspired me to do this week's Runway Inspired Challenge. I certainly wouldn't be caught dead in either of those outfits! I suppose that's what makes it a challenge, and I was interested in trying to recreate the plaid with stripe stamps. Once I did that, I couldn't really waste it, so kept plugging along. I don't love the results, but maybe I'm just a little cranky today. This cold can take a hike! I finally used the floral fusion sizzlit I bought 2 years ago, and this was the first time inking up any of the super stripes stamps, so I'm happy that I at least accomplished the goal of using some of my unloved supplies. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I popped up the frame and the flowers to add some dimension.

Here is the "inspiration" photo:


Supplies
PTI: white cardstock, background basics: super stripes stamps, modern alphabet dies
SU: daffodil delight, melon mambo, and tempting turquoise cs, midnight muse ink, floral fusion sizzlit die, pearls, mini 4 petal flower punch
Other: nestabilities labels 8 dies,  pink 1/8" satin ribbon, scotch foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

5 comments:

  1. Too funny, Tanis! Even funnier because if you were ever going to do an "ugly" card for a challenge, RIC would be the one. The designer clothes are often so "out there" that "ugly" is "pretty" if you know what I mean! This was a blast! Happy April Fool's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is just too funny. This card definitely resembles the inspiration pic. Thanks for joining the hop today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I did a fantastic job of copying those ugly outfits!!! Way to go, Tanis! Ugh.

      Delete
  3. Hi Tanis, this isn't so bad and after seeing the inspiration photo...I actually think it's more "on the money" than without the photo. Either way, though, it really stinks when you're just not in love with something when you're done. Thanks for linking up on the hop!!

    ReplyDelete