Wednesday 3 July 2013

FFC11

Welcome to another Festive Friday challenge. Summer weather has finally arrived and I've been sidetracked lately by outdoor projects, so haven't had much time for crafting or blogging, but I didn't want to miss this challenge! I don't think I've missed a Festive Friday yet, and am thrilled that I'm still on track to be ready for Christmas without the last minute scramble this year.
This is an element challenge to create a holiday project that includes at least one tree. This tree is one of my favourite Christmas stamps, so it was an easy choice to use as my focal point. I wanted to stamp it in grey, but soft stone from PTI was too light, and smoky shadow looked almost black, which did not match the picture I had in my mind. I tried bordering blue from SU. It's really more grey than blue, especially paired with white and silver. and is about the right shade so that was the winning combo.
I added some glitter and rhinestones to make the tree sparkle since the rest of the card is fairly simple. I'm not going to throw away that smoky shadow tree though! I think I can salvage it if I bling it up a little so it looks less stark, and find the right color combo to showcase it.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: bordering blue ink and cardstock, snow swirled set, dazzling diamonds glitter
PTI: white cardstock, think big favorites sentiment
Michael's: 2-way glue pen, Celebrations ribbon, Recollections rhinestones, Scotch foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Tanis, this is just beautiful! I love the elegance of it - and the shimmer on the tree is gorgeous! I don't think you've missed one either - so glad you love playing along so much!

    ReplyDelete