Monday 29 July 2013

Muse #28

Welcome to the Muse challenge. I haven't had time this summer to play in the craft zone, but it's my sister's 39th birthday, so I was forced to make some time today for a quick card. I had a thought in the wee hours last night of doing something with a Polaroid style frame. Imagine my surprise when I saw logged into Facebook this morning and saw the latest Muse! Cue the Twighlight Zone music.  I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised. This is a common theme lately.

I don't think this is exactly the picture I had in mind last night, but I can't recall exactly what I wanted to frame because I was half asleep at the time. I opted to follow Lynn's layout fairly closely using a bright color scheme to match the gift bag I used, and some embossed die cut butterflies because that was the fastest thing I could think of, and in my opinion, you can never go wrong with butterflies! My niece was quite thrilled with them, so I guess she would agree. I don't have a die for the frame, so I cut one out with my paper trimmer and finished it off with the corner chomper.

This is the inspiration provided by the talented Lynn Mangan. Love how her flowers pop with that rich dark background.

Maybe if I'm lucky I will dream about my original card idea tonight so I can bring it to life later this week? Off to bed to try.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

5 comments:

  1. Love the bold pops of colour - very cheerful and happy! Thanks for playing with this week's Muse, Tanis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't these polaroid shapes just fun! Love it with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty butterflies! Such a great take on the Muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those textured butterflies! Super cute interpretation! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterflies are one of my all time favorite dies. Love your sister's card. Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete