Monday 22 July 2013

Fusion #13

 
Welcome to another Fusion challenge. I've been missing a lot of challenges lately. I can't seem to find time to blog with all of the outdoor projects I have going on during the summer months. I guess I could stamp more, if it would rain more, but I'm certainly not wishing for that! Summer is never long enough, so I have to "make hay while the sun shines", and get back to stamping more regularly when the snow flies.
When I first saw this challenge, I loved the color scheme from Lesley's challenge, and wanted to fuse it with the layout from Jackie's challenge. Good thing it was a 3 week challenge, and I finally found some time to work on it! It did rain last night, and I just received an order from SU, so decided to play around with some new stamps, punch and an embossing folder. Loving these pansies so far. There are 6 different types, and I think I like them all, though these scribbled ones jumped out at me first.

The only thing left to decide was what type of sentiment to add. Unfortunately, I found out today that one of my best stamping buddies and her husband lost his brother this week, a day before his 39th birthday. It's a horribly sad story, he had been sick for a while, and to make a long story short, this color scheme happens to work well for a sympathy card, though I hadn't planned it that way, so I opted to add "thinking of you" so I can send it to my friends.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
Cardstock: summer starfruit and that smoky slate (SU), soft stone and white (PTI)
Ink: summer starfruit (SU), soft stone and smoky shadow (PTI)
Stamps: flower shop and sweet essentials (SU)
Punch: pansy (SU)
Embossing folder: modern mosaic (SU)
Ribbon: summer starfruit stitched satin (SU)
Buttons: vintage

1 comment: