Saturday 2 March 2013

Muse Challenge #6

It's time for another Muse Challenge! Don't ask me why I waited all week to get around to making this card. I knew exactly what I wanted to do as soon as I saw the gorgeous inspiration card by Deanna Jean. Her striking card had an interesting doodled frame that really reminded me of Spellbinders' deckled rectangles, so I thought I would use that for my frame and follow her layout, but change up the flowers. Ever since I bought PTI's Limeade Ice, I've been dying to pair it up with Ocean Tides, and this seemed to be the perfect opportunity.


I don't think this picture is really capturing the textures and colors that well. Maybe I'll try to get a daylight shot in the morning and update this post. I popped up the frame and flowers, and added a diagonal impression underneath the deckled rectangle to highlight it a bit. I also added some felt and buttons to the flowers to give them a lot of dimension.

Update: Here is a daylight shot. Much better for capturing the texture. If only I didn't spend most of the daylight hours at work during the winter!

 (Question, for future reference: Does any know what would happen if I removed the previous picture? That was the one selected when I linked to the challenge page, so would the thumbnail disappear?)

Here is the Muse card that was the inspiration for this project. Gorgeous, right?


Well that was a fun challenge! Here's hoping next week will be similarly fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: white, limeade ice, aqua mist, simply chartreuse and ocean tides cs, ocean tides felt, flower fusion 2 and notched flower dies, beautiful butterflies sentiment
SU: baja breeze ink and cs, little leaves sizzlit die
Other: Spellbinders deckled rectangles, Fiskars diagonal texture plate, buttons, bakers' twine, Scotch foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment