Saturday 23 March 2013

Muse Challenge #9



It's my favorite time of the week, Muse challenge day! I usually avoid posting challenges at the last minute, but I kind of like spending Saturday morning writing my post, looking at all the other links, and voting on my favorites while sipping on coffee. Much more relaxing than my usual midnight posts!

This week's muse, Marion Vagg, provided us with gorgeous inspiration. I loved the white embossing, and the blues, so I pulled out some of my favorite retired blues from SU. Why are they retired? They don't look tired at all. They're fresh as a daisy. I know, cheesy, but seriously, I really miss these colors so really enjoyed playing with them.

Here's Marion's inspiration card:















Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: tempting turquoise, ballet blue, brilliant blue and cool Caribbean cardstock, mixed bunch flower stamp, 3/8" circle punch, white craft ink,
PTI: white cardstock, signature greetings II
Other: detail white embossing powder, smooch pearlized top coat

6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! Love your colorblocking arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color blocks and the white embossing powder! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, and apologies to those who commented earlier today. I accidentally deleted those comments! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the way you chose to use shifting color in your square instead of the stripe. It totally stays (in my view at least) with the feel of Marion's card, but shows a much different take. Must try something similar. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colour blocking with those gorgeous blues, Tanis, the white blooms really pop against them ... amazing sparkley centres! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty take on the challenge - pretty and retro all rolled into one!

    ReplyDelete