Wednesday 15 May 2013

Fusion #6


This is the perfect card to suit my mood this morning. I have a caramel macchiato on the brain! There is a new Starbucks at the hospital across the street from where I work, and it is a beautiful morning, so I think a walk at coffee break is in order.

The inspiration for this project was the Fusion challenge. As you can see, I followed the layout from Jackie's sketch, but also borrowed a coffee cup from Lesley's photo. I stamped it on a fine linen tag because it reminds me of a latte. I stamped the mug again on limeade ice and cut it out so it would be the same vibrant green as the stripes that anchor it. Putting it all on an espresso colored base only seemed logical, and the white card base frames it.


I tried putting the middle strip on top of the tag, but it just didn't look right. Maybe I could add stitching to it, and just have the stitches running over top of the tag?

Update with stitching added:
I think maybe I liked it better without the stitching? Oh, well. It does look better in person.

Thanks for stopping by,
T
Supplies
PTI: fine linen/limeade ice/white cardstock, tag sale 5 die
SU: espresso ink and cardstock, cocoa marker

other: TPC Studio café mocha, green baker's twine, white pencil, scrap of pink

2 comments:

  1. Super CUTE....love the colors! So glad that you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Tanis - love your coffee tag!
    So glad you joined in the experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete