Saturday 25 May 2013

PTI May 2013 Blog Hop

I'm at it again, making plaid! I'm totally addicted ever since I got the super stripes set. This time it's for the Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop. I been wanting to join in on one of these forever. I'm finally diving in, though I've waited 'til the last minute to work on this so am now madly typing a post just before I run out the door to a potluck at the gliding club, so I won't go into a lot of detail. I decided to do a bouquet of hydrangea-like flowers inspired by this palette:

4-Shades-of-Yellow-Bouquet
I don't have a ton of floral sets from PTI, I guess because I had a lot of florals before I discovered PTI so I've prioritized other sets, and none of the flower sets I have seemed to work well with the picture in my head. I was really stuck on this layout and the idea of a bouquet, and I wanted to use this vase to put them in. I guess I could have used something non-PTI, but ended up punching flowers rather than using flower stamps, just because these were the right scale for the vase, and seemed the right style to work with the plaid background. So, although I probably use florals most frequently, I ended up not stamping any flowers on a challenge to stamp flowers! Sometimes you have to go where inspiration takes you!

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: white/limeade ice/lemon tart/harvest gold cardstocks, spring moss/limeade ice/lemon tart inks, mega gracious vases die, turning a new leaf, super stripes, script sentiments
other: SU flower punch, Versamark ink, white embossing powder, Copic marker, dollar bin satin ribbon, pop dots.

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the stripes on the vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I love the plaid and those tiny little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Tanis! Love the background you created and your layout. So many wonderful details on this card, too....the more I look at it, the more I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the scale of the blooms, and the plaid pattern is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tania, your idea worked perfectly. Last minute creations often do. Fabulous card.

    And thanks for your comments over on mine. You are right, PTI will easily become an addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. I love how you made such a beautiful bouquet with those punched flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever to use the line stamps, create a plaid in the challenge colors!
    And your punched case of flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely. ;-) I love your bouquet of flowers and awesome plaid background. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that plaid background - perfect with your cheery vase!

    ReplyDelete