Thursday 9 May 2013

PPA158



I wasn't sure I was going to participate in this Pals Paper Arts challenge. Much as I love all these colors, I was having trouble envisioning all 3 together in one project.
PoolStarfruitLimeade
After playing with them a bit, this combo has grown on me. I don't love, love, love this card, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

I've been in love with these butterfly punches since the first time I saw them, but this is the first time I've put them into action. They are so pretty, but I debated whether they would look better stamped. I opted to leave them plain because I didn't want them to compete with the pretty, sanded background texture. Sometimes simpler is better.

I most often lean towards odd numbers, but decided to add 2 butterflies and make this a wedding card. I have a special bride and groom in mind that I think will love these colors.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: summer starfruit and lucky limeade cardstock, pool party core'dinations, lucky limeade ink, summer starfruit stitched satin ribbon, elegant and bitty butterfly punches
PTI: stamper's select white cardstock, beautiful butterflies sentiment
other: Reflections vellum and pearls, lime baker's twine, sandpaper

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done - the background is perfect to showcase the butterflies! And I love that it will be a wedding card! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and very sweet layered butterflies! Thanks for playing along with Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Tanis! Your textured background is the perfect backdrop for your beautiful butterflies! Great job with the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete