Saturday 1 June 2013

Muse 19

Happy Muse day! I had a little trouble getting started on this challenge because I couldn't find any sentiments in my stash that I wanted to use that had the same type of vertical structure as the Muse. There was a Christmas one that would have been nice, but I didn't feel like doing a Christmas card, though I may try something like this with it another day.

I followed the oval frame layout used by Michelle, but flipped it to horizontal to accommodate the greeting.  I thought this card would be pretty quick, but it's harder than you would think to get a nice oval. I have sacrificed an entire sheet of white to this project! Well, on the first one, I screwed up the "hello", and on the second I wasn't happy with the colors, so it really only took two tries to get the frame looking right.

Here is the inspiration created by Michelle Williams:

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: white and limeade ice cardstock, limeade ice and berry sorbet ink, wonderful words: hello, mat stack 5, turning a new leaf
SU: daffodil delight, peach parfait and cameo coral inks, summer silhouettes

10 comments:

  1. Funny how we can get stuck in our own minds and all it takes is a turn of the card and voila, a perfect take on Michelle's Muse card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Tanis, a lovely interpretation of the Muse and gorgeous colours! I hope you're really pleased with it, you should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...such a pretty card! LOVE the limeade and berry sorbet combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've captured summer really well on this card, such a warm feel. Beautiful stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so pretty. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour choices Tanis, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these warm colours, Tanis ... super take on Michelle's card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was totally worth all that paper. I just adore the beautiful floral wreath you created around your sentiment. And, this card looks fabulous with a horizontal orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tanis, your card is superb! I think it was worth the sacrifice of that whole sheet of card. ;-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Tanis, on your HM at Muse with this wonderful card ... definitely worth that entire sheet of white! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete