Saturday 15 June 2013

Muse #21

Good morning! It's Saturday, so time for another Muse challenge. I've been on a bit of a hiatus the past week. I wasn't feeling all that inspired, and when I did have time for stamping, it was dedicated to one of my Stamp Clubs. I have another this coming week, so tomorrow will be dedicated to working on that one, after the Fathers' Day festvities. We are doing a "grab bag" theme this year with that group, so I have to see what delightful creations I can come up with, using the same supplies Jen handed out to everyone last month. I can't wait 'til Tuesday to see what everyone else came up with! It's always interesting to see how different everyone's style is. Maybe I will post some pics on Wednesday.

On to the topic at hand, this week's Muse. I loved the way Therese's leaves were stamped over the textured background, so I definitely wanted to capture that look. It took a few tries to get the right background and the right color combination so the background would show through the leaves. No problem! The others are nice too, even though they didn't turn out as expected, so they will get turned into finished cards later.

I also followed her layout fairly closely, and used stamped flowers that were similar in style to her DP flowers with a free PTI set called Funky Florals that I had yet to use. They are kind of cool, with a bit of a rustic look. It's hard to see in the first photo that the smaller flower is actually purple, so I had to go out in the sun to get a second pic. It washes out the background, but the flower colors are truer.

Here's a peek at the gorgeous inspiration created by Therese Calvird.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: kraft/rustic cream/spring moss cardstock, spring moss & berry sorbet inks, funky florals set, notched flower dies, kraft buttons
SU: kraft & rich razzleberry inks, summer silhouettes/papillon potpourri/congrats stamps, bitty butterfly punch, linen thread
other: Recollections rhinestones, Stampabilities faded text background

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the background stamping and pretty colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific flower stamp to use - does have a similar shape & feel to the rosette - may favorite part of your card is the stamped background - love the text!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful

    Left ya some luv on my blog..check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have inked the flowers and the soft stamping on the background. A beautiful take on the Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you achieved the layered look on the background - and the rock'n'roll blossoms are beautiful! Thanks for playing with this week's Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree those flowers are fabulous and the tone on tone background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, Tanis! Congratulations on the HM honor from MUSE!!

    ReplyDelete