Tuesday 25 June 2013

OLW 145

Ardyth is hosting the latest One Layer Wednesday over on her blog, MASKerade. The theme is Spice Girls, so it calls for something involving spices or seasonings, and girly. This may not seem that girly, except that it's a love note, and who else would make one of those besides a girl?! It does have a heart. I checked my stash to see if had anything seasoning related. My options were a salt and pepper shaker stamp, or a chili pepper. My hubby likes things spicy, so I thought I would turn it into a little note for his lunch on his last school day, this Friday. Or, I could leave it lying around so that he could give it to me?

I punched out a circular window for the heart to give it a little more visual weight. Those chili peppers were stealing the show! The heart stamp is from the first set I ever bought from SU many years ago, and I don't recall the name of it and the label is mysteriously missing from the box. The chili pepper and sentiment are also from an unknown set that I bought to make a recipe book for a friend. All I can tell you is it's clear, and I found it at Michael's. I die cut the card base with my PTI Mat Stack 3 Layerz die from their Stampers' Select white cardstock. Everything is stamped in sepia Versafine ink, and coloured with Copics.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

1 comment:

  1. LOL! You're right, girls and poets write love notes. Maybe some songwriters, but not many of the rest of the men! Thanks so much for playing along with your spicy OLW card!

    ReplyDelete