Monday 15 April 2013

Fusion #2

It's Fusion time! If you're not familiar with this new challenge, it's a great concept. First of all, everyone can vote on their three favorite projects, and secondly, you have a choice to use the sketch for inspiration, or the photo, or combine the two. I opted to do the "fusion" this time around. Here's a look at the inspiration behind this project:

I embossed some smoky shadow strips with lime embossing powder using some geometric background stamps. I thought the patterns and color scheme were great for a "man card", and my hubby's big 4-0 happens to be this month, so I threw in a soccer ball and some die cut numbers to personalize it for him. It's hard to see in the pic, but the ball and numbers are popped up to help them stand out amid the strong patterns and colors.

I'm pretty stoked about this card. I tend to struggle with ideas for guy friendly cards, but this one came together pretty easily, and I think my husband will love it. (He didn't appreciate the card I posted for Fusion last week. Apparently, "Black and flowers don't go together, unless it's for a funeral or something." I guess he's some kind of design expert now?! Too funny).

Backyard update: not good! The snowbank grew again today. I think it's back to 10 ft. deep again. Mother Nature is officially in my bad books.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: white, smoky shadow and chartreuse cs, happy harlequins, think big favorites, smoky shadow ink
Other: Martha Stewart background set, Cuttlebug number dies, Versamark ink, leaf Zing embossing powder, Michael's dollar bin soccer ball stamp, SU 1 3/8" circle punch, Scotch foam tape

8 comments:

  1. This card is fab! The embossing is awesome! I bet your hubby loves it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful masculine card! Love how you were inspired! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the fusion. Love this mix of patterns. Thanks for joining us at Fusion this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hubby is going to love it! It's a wonderful design and very well put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You knocked this one out of the ballpark - uh I mean soccer field. I was intrigued when I saw your card on the Fusion site and just HAD to come visit. I struggled with the challenge this week. Maybe because I don't own any lime green embossing powder? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, lime embossing powder definitely opens certain avenues that aren't otherwise available! It's pretty hard to stamp a color on charcoal grey.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic card Tanis, the embossing is fabulous and your husband is going to love this! Happy Birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB 40th card Tanis, love your embossing - hubby is sure to love it!
    So glad you joined in the fun at FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete