Thursday 11 April 2013

RIC#33

So happy I had time to play along with the Runway Inspired Challenge this week. I love yellow, especially for spring, so this picture really caught my attention. I'm even wearing a sunny yellow shirt right now. ;)

The first thing I noticed was that the sweater reminded me of side 1 of the diamonds impression plate from Papertrey Ink, so I impressed some lemon tart card stock as a background. The skirt reminded me of a ruffled flower, so I set to creating one, using the second smallest size of the floral Framelits dies from Stampin' Up. I die cut 2 flower shapes from daffodil delight card stock, using one as a base, and cutting slits in the second and rounding the petals to make it 3 dimensional. I punched a smaller flower shape for the center with a retired 3 flower punch from SU, and colored the center darker with a Copic marker. I also sponged the inside of the cup and the base petals with a bit of daffodil ink to give them more depth. To "ground it", I added a strip of 1/8" black satin ribbon with a bow to mimic the photo.
That left a lot of empty real estate, so I needed a larger greeting for balance. It was the perfect opportunity to try out my new wonderful words: hello set from PTI. I stamped "hello" in daffodil on daffodil and die cut it, then cut another from true black as a shadow to help the greeting stand out, and matted it all with a touch of true black.

Unfortunately, no matter what settings I try, I can't get the colors on this one to read accurately. The background is really more lemony than this pic.
 
Here's another that's a bit better.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by,
T

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the flower, the ribbon, the hello, all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossing of the card mat and the black ribbon! Thanks for joining with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete