Saturday 6 April 2013

Muse Challenge #11


Saturday! My favorite day of the week. I stayed up very late last night to work on this card because we had a terrible volleyball game, and I was determined to finish off the day on a positive note. Also, the fire department is supposedly burning down the condemned house across the road this morning, so I figured I would be distracted by that, but there's been no action yet. I hope it's still on. We have been waiting for this day since fall. I'm anxious to see how they control it. I wouldn't want to see any of the trees get damaged. It's a beautiful lot, minus the house (the living room window just fell right out of it last winter!).

I'm not sure what happened with this card. I started out intending to use the layout from the inspiration card on Muse, but I had some new toys I was dying to play with, so I went off on a bit of a tangent! I just couldn't bear to cover up the die cut strip, so I changed up the layout.  I'm loving this new Memory Box die called Piestra Tile. Piestra? I've never heard of that before, despite the fact I have this exact same pattern as my background on this blog, and some throw pillows on my couch (and an embossing folder, and a new background stamp I haven't taken for a test drive yet. You get the idea. I'm a tiny bit obsessed with it). Do you like how I worked a matching throw pillow into this shot? ; ) 
 
The birthday greeting is new, too. I hope you can see better in this photo that it has a chevron pattern which gives it a fun texture.

Well, I did use the color scheme, some polka dots, and a bit of bakers' twine, so I guess I'm not completely off track. Here is the lovely Muse card provided by Laurie Willison:
IMG_9515_edited-1

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: early espresso and pool party cs, pool party ink, beautiful butterflies bigz die, beautiful wings embosslit, espresso bakers' twine.
PTI: white and limeade ice cs, limeade ice ink, wonderful words: birthday
Memory Box dies: piestra tile

6 comments:

  1. I love how you made this inspiration card your own. I love the texture on the butterfly and how you tied the twine to make antenna. I agree that the pattern on your die cut is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card has a perfect balance of the color combination ... and those layered butterflies rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the Muse - I love the geometric die cut and the pops of aqua and yellow! Glad you played along. (and I hope you'll show photos of this fire - it sounds like an interesting experience!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still waiting! Oh, well. My husband, who is curling right now, will be happy he didn't miss it.

      Delete
  4. You are so talented, Tanis! This card is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous take on the inspiration. Your two toned sentiment (I rely too much on black) and the layered butterfly are perfect.

    ReplyDelete