Saturday 20 April 2013

Muse #13


 
Happy Muse day! I'm so happy that I finally had a chance to try out this new window die that I bought a few weeks ago. Love it. I have a few ideas for this one, today using the window box to hold my flowers.
 
Here is the beautiful card by Marion Vagg posted on Muse for inspiration:
As you can see, her richly colored flowers were the inspiration. I used basically the same color scheme except that I flipped it, using mostly green, with white as the accent color.
 

A small piece of clear cardstock is inserted under the window to make it look glassy.

I'm off to make a cappuccino and vote on my favorite Muse cards. I'm sure it will be a hard choice, as usual, but I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning!

Update on the home front: Bad news - still surrounded by piles of snow, and the possibility of a bit more tomorrow. Good news - the abandoned house across the road is scheduled to be burned down on Monday.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
card stock: white/limeade ice/clear (PTI), eggplant (SU), scrap of shiny white for the window frame
inks: berry sorbet/chartreuse (PTI), eggplant (SU), Versamark
dies: small Madison window and flower box (Memory Box), heart 2 heart #7/woodgrain impression plate (PTI)
stamps: heart 2 heart #7 (PTI), happy birthday (Stampendous), plaid background (Martha Stewart)
other: detail white embossing powder (Stampendous), iridescent rhinestones (Recollections)


6 comments:

  1. What a clever take on this week's Muse! I love the green card base! Thanks for playing along! It's snowing here in Toronto, too, although probably not tomorrow. I hope you'll take pictures of the house-burn - that's something you don't see every day! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative, spring-like, and amazingly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ingenious take on the Muse, Tanis! The white frame really pops against the embossed green and I love how you've put acetate in the window. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, brilliant take on the muse, Tanis, love that window box display against such a fab vibrant green! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your window sill of flowers is absolutely adorable; a delightful "re-vision" of the Muse inspiration! Like you, I'm tired of the snow! I'm in Alberta and, yet again, we're under the "snowfall warning in effect" forecast. Spring will come...eventually...in July!
    Enjoy your day; gloomy snowy weather is the perfect excuse for card-making and cookie baking! Thanks for sharing your sweet card!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card & wonderful use of the Muse inspiration!

    ReplyDelete