Wednesday 17 April 2013

Less is More 115

The challenge this week on Less is More is to create a one layer card based on a movie. Can you guess what movie this is? Shawshank Redemption was too hard, so I decided to do On Golden Pond instead!

I masked off a square area and stamped some grass for reeds, then masked off the bottom section as water. I punched out a circle to mask off the sun, and sponged some sunset sky colors, then put the piece of paper I cut the sun mask from over the sky to sponge the sun. Then I moved the water mask up to protect the sky/sun and sponged the water adding some orange wave crests as a reflection of the sun. All that was left to do was to punch out some slots in brown to glue on for bulrushes and added a greeting.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

5 comments:

  1. Tanis, your card is stunning work of art! Breathtaking in every way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tanis this is a great piece of inking

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sch a serene scene, amazing inking and masking...love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry this is such a late visit, but I have been cruising on the Rhine for a week and have just got back.
    It's a super card, terrific technique!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete